The Cordaid Juba office was established in 2009. Starting with only one staff in 2009, the office now counts 15 staff in Juba, and another 15 in the Malakal sub-office. Through its own activities and through partnerships with local organizations, Cordaid works on the following theme’s: Security & Justice, Healthcare, Extractives, Food Security, Women Leadership for Peace and Security, CMDRR/ER and Investments.
Cordaid distinguishes three main processes: strategic financing, communication, and fundraising. The office in Juba is active on all three processes.
Currently Cordaid is in a process of transition from a traditional NGO depending largely on Dutch government resources to a social entrepreneur. As a consequence the different programs of Cordaid need to cover their own costs and have become “business units”. This process puts emphasis on specialisation, communication and fundraising. The Country office has a leading role in development and implementation of the country strategy and in the alignment of the different business units.
Position & responsibility
The Country Director will report to the Director of the Unit Security & Justice of Cordaid. The Country Director is the line manager for all staff of the Cordaid Juba office.
General objective and responsibility of the job
- Is responsible for realization of Country Office targets;
- The Management of the Cordaid office in Juba;
- The management of Cordaid programme in South Sudan;
- Networking, representation and acquisition.
- Country Strategy:
- Cooperation benefits:
- Business/Action plan:
- Program Management:
- Risk Management:
- Program Reports:
- Personnel Management:
- Academic degree in international law, agriculture, health, economy, business/public administration, social sciences or other subject related to international cooperation.
- Excellent management skills including human resource and financial management, communication and intercultural cooperation skills.
- At least 5 years experience with managing and monitoring development programs, preferably also with EC or WB funded programs.
- Experience in reporting requirements of institutional donors and working with local NGOs.
- Experience in implementing security policy in insecure areas
- A human centred approach to management and ability to promote and structure teamwork.
- A networker.
- Ability to work under stressful and time bound project conditions.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English language.
- Diplomatic and goal driven.
- Analytical and problem solving mind
- Flexible and capable of working in a stressful context.
Specifics of station
For the time being, this is a non-accompanied posting.
The contract period is for 6 months starting as soon as possible, with the intention to extend for a longer period. We offer a Cordaid contract with a competitive salary and a benefit package which includes R&R, a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution and a holiday allowance.
Further information & how to apply
For additional information, please contact Hetty Burgman (the contents) or Fatiha Najid (the HR conditions). Phone: +31 70 3136 300.